There’s no denying that a successful camping trip requires preparation. The one thing that makes preparation a breeze is a good list (or several, if you are like me and are list-obsessed!) A good list will ensure you never forgot to take that vital piece of equipment.
The perfect camping list will be different for everyone. It will depend on:
- where you live in the world (do you have to be prepared for bears, or mosquitos, or both!)
- the time of year (what will be the weather be like?)
- the type of camping (are you car camping, doing a multi-day hike, or in a campervan?)
- facilities at the campsite (do your research first!)
- the number and ages of your group
I’ve put together a list that works really well for us. As car campers, one of our most important considerations is what we can fit into our Golf Estate. We also have to take into account the changeable weather here in the UK, and particularly in Scotland – so we pack for all possibilities!
Below you’ll find links to our packing list, as well as our camping meal plan and camping grocery list template.
What to take
Is there anything we’ve missed? What’s essential for your packing list?